Mitsui Kushikino Mining Company Limited has been developing original technologies and accumulating knowledge for more than 100 years through its mining and smelting businesses.
Leveraging those technologies and knowledge, we will commit ourselves to contributing to the formation of a zero-waste society through the recycling of gold, silver, palladium and other metals while closely working with local communities to play an active role in preserving the rich natural environment of the Kagoshima Prefecture and beyond.
- Comply with environment-related laws, regulations and other requirements that the company agrees with, while setting its own standards to improve the environment and prevent pollution.
- Be always aware of the environmental impact of the company’s activities, products and services, set environmental targets and goals, and review them periodically.
- work to achieve the following:
- Reduction of the factors to environmental impact factors and promotion of risk management
- Promotion of resource conservation (reduction of the amount of materials used per unit)
- Promotion of energy conservation (reduction of electricity, fuel usage, and emissions of CO2)
- Proper management and reduction of waste
- Develop and actively adopt technologies to treat unrecyclable waste.
- Make an effort toward continual improvement of the environmental management system to improve an environment performance.
- Conduct environmental education, internal communication activities, etc. to help all workers to become more aware of the environment.
Reduction of energy consumption for transportation
Efficient use of energy is pursued by the streamlining the transport of recycling materials and products.
Promotion of recycling
We contribute to the creation of a recycling-based society by recycling precious metals from gold- and silver-bearing scrap.
Environmental Management System ISO 14001
Occupational Health and Safety Management
System OHSAS 18001